Online education has exploded into an insaely large market and many people are taking advantage of the opportunity to sell knowledge.
If you are looking to start an online course using WordPress, then look no further. We have rated and reviewed the best LMS plugins for WordPress that will turn your blog into an online course money-making machine.
Finally, LifterLMS is another option you may want to consider. This is a WordPress LMS course platform that can help you create membership websites and courses to offer to your students and customers.
- Individual Add-Ons Plan: Starting at $99/year
- Universe Bundle Plan: $299/year
- Infinity Bundle Plan: $999/year
The first thing you’ll need to do after you sign up with LifterLMS is to create your course. LifterLMS has a drag-and-drop builder that makes it easy to input your content and order it within your course. The various features offered by this platform will help you design attractive and professional-looking courses that will appeal to a variety of learner types.
You can create quizzes set prerequisites and embed videos, audio, images, and text into your courses. It’s up to you whether you want to release all content at once the students or set it only be available on a predetermined schedule.
You can create degree programs or certification tracks where students will need to complete a series of courses. Multiple instructors can co-teach a course if that is the teaching model you prefer to use.
Students will have access to a dashboard to help them stay organized. You can also set up various discussion areas where students can engage with one another about topics covered in the course.
- There are many payment options you’ll be able to accept including one-time payments or payment plans. You’ll also be able to accept credit card payments and payments through PayPal.
- You can offer some of your courses for free to add new customers to your marketing list for future sales.
- You’ll be able to solve course subscriptions, offer coupons, and even sell your courses in bulk to schools and other large organizations.
- The ability to create advanced quizzes assignments is only available with the Infinity Bundle.
LifterLMS is designed to be able to be used by individuals looking to create their own online courses for the first time, those who are looking for an improved online course platform, and even WordPress developers or IT professionals to design sites and courses for their clients.
AccessAlly uses WordPress to help you sell your online courses, digital Products, and memberships.
- AccessAlly Essentials Plan: $82/month
- AccessAlly Pro Plan: $108/month
- AccessAlly In-House Training Plan: $2500/year
AccessAlly aims to make creating your online courses as simple as possible. They offer a drag-and-drop course builder that will cut down on how long it takes you to build a course.
You will also be able to use your preferred video host, including YouTube, Amazon, and Vimeo for uploading video content for the course. They also offer a media player which will allow you to insert the videos directly onto your course pages.
You can keep track of student progress and even track which videos they had viewed. The courses you create through AccessAlly will be mobile friendly so your students will be able to access them from all other devices.
- All the courses you create will be mobile friendly.
- You are able to use your preferred video host for the videos you create.
- You can view data to help you keep track of your students’ progress.
- Rewards for students for sharing your courses on social media are not available with the Essentials Plan.
AccessAlly is an LMS plug-in and WordPress membership that makes it easy for even beginners to get their courses developed and ready for students.
3. Member Mouse
Member Mouse is a WordPress membership plugin that aims to help businesses grown through expert customer service, helpful resources, and effective tools. Installing the plugin should only take a few minutes, and then you’ll be set and ready to get started.
- Builder Plan: $33.17/month (if billed annually), $39.95/month (if billed monthly)
- Advanced Plan: $82.17/month (if billed annually), $99/month (if billed monthly)
- Premium Plan: $248.17/month (if billed annually), $299/month (if billed monthly)
Member Mouse is designed to help you create a profitable and user-friendly membership site. With a membership site, your customers will be paying a monthly fee to access the content you share. Member Mouse plans include a member home page where your students can keep track of all of their courses and any of the other content you share.
You’ll be impressed with the features and options offered by Member Mouse to help you sell the courses and other products you have to offer. You can offer member-only pricing, free trials, coupon codes, and payment plans. You can also set up one-click upsells to help you increase your profits as customers are getting ready to check out.
You will be able to protect the safety and security of your members using the protection features offered by Member Mouse. For example, you can limit the number of login attempts to an account, create a custom login page, and personalize content using SmartTags. You can also easily manage your members to keep track of your progress and make sure your customers stay satisfied. Some management features include the ability to view engagement statistics and an activity log for each member, the ability to issue refunds, the ability to upgrade or downgrade the functionality of a given account, and the ability to view the purchase history of each member.
- You can customize the checkout process to meet your needs.
- Each person who joins will be able to manage their own account page, but you will also have control over the accounts to help with tasks like changing a password.
- Since Member Mouse helps you create a membership site, you’ll receive monthly payments from customers instead of lone payments here and there for a course or two.
- It is a bit tedious to assign protections to your content.
If you’re looking to create a membership site to use to offer your online courses, Member Mouse is an online course platform you’ll want to take a closer look into.
If you’re looking for a WordPress LMS, LearnDash is a great option to consider. In addition to being used by entrepreneurs looking to increase their income, numerous universities and Fortune 500 companies turn to LearnDash when selling or creating online courses.
- Basic Package: $199
- Plus Package: $229
- Pro Package: $369
LearnDash can help you create first-rate virtual courses to share with your customers. You can create your own learning portal and brand it with your company or identifying information. They also offer a course builder that is designed to simplify the process of creating a course. You’ll find that it is easy to outline your course, upload content, and modify the order of the different parts of the course.
With LearnDash, you can award badges and certificates to your students, create quizzes, drip-feed content based on the course schedules, and set prerequisites.
LearnDash also offers a variety of tools to help you sell your courses to students. Customers can choose to make one-time purchases or sign up for a subscription. You can also sell membership access or create your own course marketplace.
- LearnDash allows you to award certificates and badges to your students.
- The course builder is simple to use.
- You can generate reports to help you keep track of student enrollment, progress, and performance.
- The shopping cart feature is not very impressive.
LearnDash has a lot to offer for a very reasonable price. You’ll find that their tools are easy to use and will be able to get your courses up and running in no time.
- Standard Plan: $47/month or $470/year
- Pro Plan: $87/month or $870/year
- Advanced Plan: $177/month or $1,770/year
Memberium can help you customize your membership site to meet your specific needs. They offer numerous features designed to allow you to build basic membership sites or those that include multiple member levels and other more complex options. They offer a membership site builder that can help you get your site up and running in just 15 minutes.
With a Memberium plan, you will be able to create as many online courses to offer your customers as you would like. You can control your pricing or even offer a basic course for free as a way to get more leads and encourage participants to sign up for a paid course.
Your customers will appreciate Memberium’s Featherweight API usage. This feature keeps your site operating quickly, regardless of whether you have 10 members of 10,000 members.
Memberium lets you can connect Keap from Infusionsoft to your WordPress website. This will allow you to automate your site, so you won’t need to worry about time and maintenance.
If you encounter any issues when using Memberium, you can reach out to the support team that is available 7 days a week.
- With the site builder, you can design your membership site in about 15 minutes.
- You won’t need to worry about performance issues thanks to the Featherweight API usage.
- You can create an unlimited number of membership levels and users.
- You may need to spend a little time learning how to use the online course platform and set up your membership sites and courses.
If you’re looking to increase your followers and create a steady stream of income, Memberium can help you create the perfect membership site where you can offer your courses.