Table of Contents
Website builders are an excellent choice for hotels, restaurants, online stores, photographers, portfolios, and small businesses as they are affordable and simple to make.
In this guide, we are going to compare and review the best website builders available on the market today.
Click on specific software or read on to learn about the best website builders.
What is a Website Builder?
Essentially, website builders are tools that allow one to build a website without necessarily being well versed in coding.
Some website builders allow you to choose a pre-made template that you can customize and some builders use drag and drop software to make creating websites easy.
How to Choose the Best Website Builder
When choosing a website builders its important to think about a few important factors like:
- Price: Many website builders are affordable, but the price is important when choosing software to create your website.
- Ease of Use: The website builder you choose should have a small learning curve and make it simple for anyone to create their own website.
- Customer Support: Software sometimes has issues so the company should have fast customer support that is available 24/7.
- Features: Does the software come with the necessary features to run your business? If you need to sell products online, you will need an e-commerce feature.
- SEO: Getting your website found is an important piece and some website builders are bad for SEO. Make sure the builder you choose has good SEO.
Wix offers designs as no other site does. It has about 110 million users, making it one of the biggest website builders. They offer a free trial, but you can also get the paid version.
Wix also has a fast development speed, and they are constantly releasing new features. For instance, they have Wix booking, an appointment booking system that makes it easy for your clients to conveniently self-service. They also have Wix restaurants which is an add-on, and it is commission-free.
It allows your customers to check out your menu, order food from your establishment, and reserve tables. Even better is that they have a beginner’s website creation assistant guide, Wix ADI, that will help you create your website without a hassle.
- Wix offers excellent design templates
- Easy to customize templates
- They have a wide range of features you can find on their app market and add to your websites, such as a forum, events calendar, and a newsletter subscription.
- They frequently make improvements on their online store software, which is an excellent option for anyone with a small store.
- It cannot create a website that is more than thirty pages
- Their navigation does not allow for complex structures, and it is not that deep either
- It is impossible to switch to a new theme from your current existing one.
- Their loading speed is particularly slow on mobile phones.
Squarespace is great if you are looking for a simple drag and drop website.
They have such powerful aesthetics, and their website has a clean design. However, it is worth noting that they are not cheap. They have multiple beautiful themes that you can select and are compatible with smartphones and tablets.
- Their designs are very flexible and brilliant.
- If you want to start a blog, Squarespace is your best bet because they have very sophisticated blogging features.
- They do not have a restore and backup feature
- It is not the easiest website to drag and drop, so consider other alternatives if you are a beginner.
- Their page speed is not impressive
Weebly is arguably one of the most uncomplicated website-builders to use. Over 40 million websites have been created using Weebly. They add sensible new features such as their membership area and online store. They also support large websites that can count up to 150 pages.
When you get the paid plan, there is no bandwidth or storage limit to constrain you. When you get their professional plan, you can directly access streaming media from your site, audio and video players, and site search features.
Not only that but there is an array of extra functionality that you can add from their App Center that third parties and Weebly curate.
- They have stylish and responsive themes.
- Can quickly adapt to mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
- Their page templates also allow you to customize them based on your needs.
- The eCommerce feature is included in all their plans.
- The App center does not have as many apps
- If you want a multilingual website, Weebly is not the best choice
- Since they were acquired by square, there have not had any new developments
Strikingly is excellent for one-page websites. Therefore, it is best suited for anyone looking to create a landing page.
They have striking responsive designs that are compatible with all devices. You can choose their free plan, which is ad-sponsored or the limited, VIP, or pro plan. Choose from a bunch of really great templates that you can easily edit and make your own.
The VIP package allows you to add 500 products to your online store but you can only add five products to the limited plan.
- If you would like to build multiple sites, you can get the pro plan since it offers three sites.
- Their support is also pretty great.
- The single-page website may not rank well on Google
- You must upgrade to the pro plan to add an external code snippet
WordPress is an excellent tool for beginners or advanced webpage builders.
WordPress Plugins like WP Bakery & Elementor, make it easy and cheap to build an affordable website without knowing any code.
Initially, it was meant to create blogs, but now it powers a significant percentage of all websites. WordPress is very flexible, customizable, and powerful. You can use it to create any website you want, whether it is an entire online newspaper, real estate, or eCommerce website.
The software is free and open-source, but it also has another version found on WordPress.com that offers dedicated support, different themes, pre-installed plugins, and web hosting. This makes it easier for everyone to create a site.
- It is simple to get started on your website when you use WordPress.
- You can have a blog that looks decent for free.
- The maintenance and installation process is not complex.
- They have fast and great support.
- If you are a beginner, this will not be the most straightforward backend for you to get used to.
- Each plan has a lot of limitations
- Their SEO is not that great
- You cannot install any plugin or theme you want
Webnode is not as popular as other website tools, but it is an outstanding polyglot website tool.
It is used globally and is more prevalent among Europeans. This tool is both a hit and a miss because it has specific features which are unique in the industry, and it is also very advanced. However, it lacks some of the essential functionalities, making it a no-go tool for some people. During the first year of use, you get a free domain name.
They also have free additional tiers, such as custom email accounts that come with the domain name. One of its exciting and most outstanding features is how easy it is to create multilingual sites with this tool.
- Responsive Websites
- Good SEO Features
- Their blogging system does not have some fundamental features, such as a commenting system
- They do not have an app store
Webflow is the best tool to use to create websites for your clients efficiently as it combines an intuitive visual editor and powerful CMS abilities. It is one of the best options for agencies, freelancers, and designers. If you are a designer, you do not need any background in coding to build a responsive website.
You will have full control using Webflow. They also have dynamic content you can take full advantage of to re-use elements like templates and build them, ensuring consistency in your design. This will save you a lot of effort and time. It is usually compared to WordPress, except it is much easier to use. They offer different plans for those who would like various websites and for those who want individual sites.
- One of the best things about Webflow is that it allows you to control every aspect that goes into your website layout. This includes interactions, styling, and responsiveness.
- It has pretty solid SEO options and has a guaranteed uptime that is 99.99% impressive.
- They have a Webflow university filled with great resources, videos, and courses you can get sufficient support from.
- They have excellent support material, but it is not the best site for complete beginners.
- The online store and blog features require hands-on work that may not be ideal for a beginner.
- They do not have an app store or any widgets.
- The more features you would like, the higher the price gets.
Jimdo has more than 20 million websites created and is a German website creator. It is pretty easy to use, and it is also safe to say that it is a comprehensive website tool.
They introduced Jimdo dolphin that does not require the users to have any coding experience. This new system delivers your website in about three minutes, making it an ideal option for all small businesses with their information online on platforms like Instagram and Google maps.
Jimdo pulls up this information and creates a website. After that, you can add more copy to the website and adjust the colors and layout. This is hands down the fastest tool you can use to create your website. It also has an online store that is basic, and it has responsive templates that are compatible with all devices. They also have a Jimdo creator, with some essential coding features.
- If you are looking to build a good-looking and small business website and you would like the process to be both fast and efficient, Jimdo is your best bet.
- Free Plan
- Ecommerce Store Capabilties
- Their features lack a bit of an edge
- Their templates could do with an added flexibility
- Their online store has minimal features
Duda is a language genius website tool. They have an online store and a decent blog, they have all the SEO settings you may need, and their templates look good.
Another exceptional feature they have is that you can use it to create a multilingual website, and they have website personalization tools.
When you use these tools, you can fully customize your content. For instance, visitors can be shown the customized content based on the time of the day on their end.
Duda is hosted on AWS (Amazon Web Services) so it has super fast speed with 99% uptime.
- It is very easy to use, and they have unique site personalization tools.
- They have very stylish templates.
- They do not have an app store, meaning you cannot integrate third-party apps.
- They are very pricy compared to their competitors.
Godaddy is a popular place to buy domain names, but they also offer a website builder service that allows you to build a free website hosted on GoDaddy.
If you have your own domain name, you can build your website using the GoDaddy website builder, though I would only recommend using the Godaddy website builder for beginner or test websites.
They make it simple for almost anyone to lay out their very own website without knowing any code at all.
- Easy Website Editor & builder
- No Code Needed
- Bad for SEO
- Not Scaleable
The above listed are some of our favorites when it comes to website builders. Ensure you do proper research to make a well-informed decision when picking a website builder as it may cost you more if you dont.
Please like and share if this helped you find the best website builders!