Solopreneur Starter Guide
Welcome to the Solopreneur Institute! We are the leading resource for information and guides on investing, making money online, business, and entrepreneurship.
If you are new to Solopreneur Institute, this is a great starter resource that links directly to all of the informative business content on our website. Start with the resources below and learn how to start your own successful online business.
Who Am I?
My name is Tyler Horvath and I am the founder of Solopreneur Institute. I created Solopreneur Institute to teach other entrepreneurs how to make money online and live a life free of a 9 to 5!
I have been working remotely (and on my own time) for over 6 years now and have made millions online! I don’t say that to brag but to show you that its possible for anyone to do the same.
As long as I have an internet connection I can build wealth online… and I want to show you how!
Well, Solopreneur is a mixture of two words, Solo and Entrepreneur. It means that you are an entrepreneur that prefers to work alone or solo without an office.
Now, this doesn’t mean that you won’t need help from people, but they can be contractors on hourly wages that perform specific tasks efficiently.
The Solopreneur Institute defines a solopreneur as:
“An entrepreneur who prefers the freedom to run a business without any w-2 employees.”
If you are like me and you want to live life on your own terms, work when you want to work and enjoy life, then read below on the many ways to make money online!
- What is a Solopreneur?
- Solopreneur 101: How to Get Started
- 25 Tools Every Solopreneur Needs
- Entrepreneur Vs. Solopreneur
- 25 Best Solopreneur Books
- Top 14 Solopreneur Podcasts
- Best CRMs for Solopreneurs
- 20 Reasons People Become Solopreneurs
- Tax Guide for Solopreneurs
- Productivity Hacks for Solopreneurs
Software & Product Reviews
- Best Website Builders
- Best Email Marketing Software
- Best VPN Services
- Best Places to Buy Bitcoin
- Best Online Course Platforms
- Best Places to Buy Domain Names
- Best Online Faxing Services
- Best Hosting for WordPress Websites
- Best Affordable Web Hosting
- Best Landing Page Software
- Best Online Course Platforms
- 60 High Paying Side Hustles
- 52 Solo Business You Can Start
- 36 Business Ideas for Housewives
- How to Become a Mompreneur
- 54 Home Business Ideas
- Most Affordable Website Hosts
- Beginners Guide to Amazon Associates
- Affiliate Marketing Without a Website
- MaxBounty Affiliate Marketing Guide
- Clickbank Affiliate Marketing Guide
- How to Learn SEO for Free
- Guide to Online Advertising
- Digital Marketing Guide for Solopreneurs
- Image SEO Guide
- How to Start a Successful Blog
- How I MAde 6 Figures a Year on Upwork
- Best Affordable Hosting for WordPress
- Best Landing Page Builders
Tools I Use
- SEM Rush: SEM Rush is another great SEO tool that we use to manage SEO clients, do on-page SEO audits, and basically all our campaign management. Click here to try SEMRush for free!
- Ninja Reports: Of course, I have to add Ninja Reports to my tools list because it’s my software, and it’s really great for SEO analysis, on-page SEO audits, and SEO reporting. We offer affordable plans and a 33-point on-page SEO checklist for 100% optimized websites.
- Ahrefs: With Ahrefs, you can do keyword research, backlink research, competitor research, and just about any other SEO things that you need to do to have a successful online business. I highly recommend Ahrefs for keyword ranking tracking and backlink building.
- Teachable: If you are starting an online course, you should check out Teachable. Its super simple to set up courses and get paid all in one platform. Click here to try Teachable!
- LiquidWeb: We use LiquidWeb for all of our website hosting. Since I have a good number of websites, we are on a dedicated server that costs us about $300/month and allows us to host a ton of websites and keep them super fast. LiquidWeb has shared and cloud plans that are much cheaper and I highly recommended them for your hosting needs. They have great live chat agents who can help you do just about anything from installing WordPress to fixing a hacked WordPress site.
- Unbounce: With Unbounce, you can quickly and easily set up high converting landing pages, email opt-ins, and lead generation pages in minutes. Unbounce is one of the best landing page builder software out there and is pretty affordable as well. If you are looking to gather leads without building a website, Unbounce is the way to go.
- WordPress: WordPress is a free CMS (content management system) that allows you to easily build stunning websites without knowing any code at all. All of my websites are built on WordPress which is free, open-source, and SEO-friendly.
- ActiveCampaign: If you want to send automated email campaigns with precision then you need Active Campaign. You can create in-depth email sequences and it hooks up to all the latest APIs for easy integration.
- Hubspot: Hubspot is the go-to for customer relationship management. We use Hubspot to manage SEO clients, leads, and prospects. It’s perfect for small to large organizations.
- WHMCS: We use WHMCS for multiple businesses as the online billing software. It’s perfect for SEO agencies or other SaaS services taking monthly recurring income and it’s under $20/month. I highly recommend WHMCS for billing automation and management.